What are Flexible dentures?
Tissue-friendly and lightweight, DuraFlex is metal-free, flexible partials. DuraFlex is made of thermoplastic making partials durable and comfortable.
When Should DuraFlex® be Used?
DuraFlex can be used to create flexible, removable partials and unilateral partials. Both are excellent replacements for patients who are not interested in having metal appliances. They have a more comfortable fit, are lighter in the mouth, and are easier to eat with than traditional metal partials.
• Minimal vertical clearance, less than 3mm
• Deep bites where upper anteriors cover lower anteriors
• Poor soft tissue support or few remaining teeth
• Flat ridge
• Immediate applications not recommended
One of the many benefits of DuraFlex is that little to no tooth preparation is needed. We require a master and opposing model, capturing the vestibular extension, as well as a bite registration. For a precise fit and minimal adjustments. Alginate impression materials record the tissue at rest instead of under load and result in a better fitting flexible partial.
Clinical work by CDT | Lab work by CDT & RDT
Appointments required (approximate times)
1. Primary impressions – 30mins
2. Master impression – 45mins
3. Bite Registration – 60mins
4. Wax denture try-in – 60mins
5. Fit of new denture/dentures – 30mins